Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fix-it-Friday #54

   This week's "Fix-it-Friday" photo was a fun one!

Fix it Friday High Contrast Color01


Here is the Original:

Fix it Friday02


Here is what I did:

1.  Healed the scabs on his chin and cloned out the fence on the bottom right.
2.  Duplicated background and set to Screen Mode - Masked out the highlights
3.  Used Easy.Filter's SmartCurve for a Slight S-Curve Adjustment Layer to increase light and contrast
4.  Sharpened his eyes, hair, mouth, and tie
5.  Added Textures:
ShadowHouse's Latte - Soft Light @ 100% opacity
ShadowHouse's Poster1 - Multiply @ 90% opacity - Masked out select areas
6.  High Pass overlay on Eyes and Mouth.

Fix it Friday Texture n Color03


Then I used my edited photo and:
7.  Added a High-Contrast B/W Gradient Map
8.  Added a warm grey layer in Color Mode

Fix it Friday BW04


Then, for my final edit, I went for a higher contrast look.  I took this B/W photo and:
9.  Duplicated the Color background layer, moved it to the top in Color mode 100% opacity.

Fix it Friday High Contrast Color01


Which edit do you like best?









Go to the "i heart faces" to see more edits on this photo!

10 comments:

Mayhem At The McNeils May 14, 2010 at 2:03 AM  

Beautiful1 Great eye for detail. I didn't even notice the little bit of fence peeking up from the bottom....until you said it! GREAT JOB!

Buckeroomama May 14, 2010 at 2:40 AM  

Great job with your edits! I love them all, but I esp. liked the b/w one.

Anonymous May 14, 2010 at 5:32 AM  

my favorite is the black and white!

Amy Henderson May 14, 2010 at 8:04 AM  

Lovely edits!

Christina May 14, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

I couldn't pick just one, they are all amazing! Thank you for working on my photo, you did a great job!!!

Susan Godfrey May 14, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

I really like the first one, but they're all beautiful! You did a great job!

Unknown May 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Awesome editing job! Your fix is so clean and bright, love it!

Unknown May 14, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

I like the rustic tone of the first one, but I also like the last one - so clean and so bright!

Anita Johnson May 14, 2010 at 7:59 PM  

These are really nice edits. Glad you are using elements too. Thanks for the tutorial to go with them.

Cassie Lopez May 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

These are great! I love the texture in the first one :)

Followers

Flickr

schrockinator. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Label Cloud

International Visitors

free counters

US Visitors

free counters
Banner

.............

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP