Thursday, June 3, 2010

Driving Further West - Mt Rushmore - PhotoStory

   After our visit to Carhenge in Alliance, NE, we headed on up to South Dakota and the amazing Black Hills.  We were able to visit Mt. Rushmore and were amazed by both the size of this landmark and the effort it took to etch these faces into the granite mountain.


   As you first enter the park, there is this long walkway between the flags of all the States of the Union.

Mt Rushmore (5) ACR BLOG


Then you come out to a full view of the majestic Monument.

Mt Rushmore (97) ACR Textr overlay BLOG

   I also applied some textures to the above photo and really loved the effect. See it here.

Mt Rushmore (44) ACR BLOG


As you leave, make sure you take one more look as you drive around the mountain and you'll get to see the profile of Washington's face!

Mt Rushmore 2 (17) ACR Crop BLOG


   From here we headed on to Wyoming and Devil's Tower!







PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecilyand Krista

8 comments:

Cecily R June 3, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

That profile shot is amazing!! Fabulous shots, looks like a wonderful trip!

Carrie and Troy Keiser June 3, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

It is an amazing place. I took my first visit last summer and it was raining, we have some interesting sots where it looks like they are crying.

Unknown June 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM  

Wow. What a spectacular sight to visit. Love the family shot best of all. Families make my heart happy : )

Chris June 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM  

Wow! Terrific shots -- I love the Flag Walk, and Washington's profile (you never see that perspective).

Mt. Rushmore is on my bucket list.

I can't wait to see Devil's Tower!

Serline June 4, 2010 at 11:02 AM  

I'm so envious. Some day I want to be there myself and gave upon such majesty... have a blessed weekend!

Jill Ison June 4, 2010 at 11:46 AM  

oh how i would love to see Mt. Rushmore someday! I wonder if it's on the way to oshkosh wisconsin... we are considering taking that long long drive for the worlds largest air show. Anyway just stopped by to say thanks for the nice comment on my blog yesterday. I love to get comments like that. Makes my day. :)


jill

Killlashandra June 4, 2010 at 12:32 PM  

I like that last shot of Washington's profile. Very nice. I haven't been there since I was a kid, looks like the entrance has changed a bit, I certainly don't remember all those flags. :)

Great pictures!

Andrea Hamilton June 4, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Great pictures!

Followers

Flickr

schrockinator. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Label Cloud

International Visitors

free counters

US Visitors

free counters
Banner

.............

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP